Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Three Lake Trail in Morgan Monroe State Forest

Today I hiked Three Lakes Trail in Morgan Monroe State Forest, which is halfway between Bloomington and Martinsville in south central Indiana. I haven't done any serious hiking in about twenty years. I decided I don't care much for going to the gym, so I decided to get back into backpacking for my exercise. As I sit here with my sore feet, I realize I probably should have started with a shorter trail. Three Lakes is marked as 10.4 miles and rugged. I din't really feel it was rugged, but it was good exercise, lots of up and downs in ravines and creek beds. But I lived, and had a good time, so thats all that matters.

I got a chance to try out some of my new gear, no complaints on any of it so far. I didn't carry a full pack, but instead a belt with some accessories as well as a messenger bag.

UTG Multi-Functional Tactical Messenger Bag, Army Digital    UTG Heavy Duty Elite Law Enforcement Pistol Belt with Dual Mag Pouches, Black

Both are comfortable and both seem well made.


No comments:

Post a Comment