Thursday, June 3, 2010

Liquid Fence

Today I reapplied my liquid fence spray. I've been using it for about a month, based on a recommendation of a coworker. I thought it seemed fairly expensive and was likely a gimmick. Nevertheless I happened to see some at my local Walmart, and decided to give it a try. So far it seems to have kept  the deer from doing their normal damage to my landscaping and my vegetables. It is still too soon to say for sure though, it could just be that I've been lucky this year. One sign I do consider encouraging is that the one place I have had deer damage so far, is the one area that I forgot to spray.

Liquid Fence 112 Deer and Rabbit Repellent Liquid Fence Concentrate - Qt

One thing I forgot to mention. This stuff smells horrible when first applied. After a few hours it is no longer noticeable, though I assume the animals must still smell it.




update 6/15. Seems to be working fine. No damage from deer as of today.

1 comment:

  1. apparently it doesn't work on chipmunks. Of course it doesn't say it does. May have to look into fox urine or something. Maybe just get a cat :)

    ReplyDelete