Thursday, May 27, 2010

Backpacking Stove

I plan to start doing some backpacking this summer. I plan to go fairly short distances, maybe 20 miles on the high side, maybe sleep over 1 night. I've used alcohol stoves in the past, and may decide to do so again, but I've been researching small fuel stoves that would be easy to carry. I think I'm going to buy the Coleman 1-Burner Dual Fuel Sporter II Liquid Fuel Stove, it seems to offer the best value as far as weight, price and versatility. Here is a picture of it.

Coleman 1-Burner Dual Fuel Sporter II Liquid Fuel Stove

The other two similar stoves are also offered by Coleman. One is lighter(the Coleman Exponent Feather 442 Dual Fuel Stove), the other(the Coleman Exponent Multi-Fuel Stove) burns kerosene as well as the white gas and unleaded the other two burn. I will probably burn mostly white gas anyway, but it is nice to have options. Both cost about $30 more than sporter two does. Here they are:

Coleman Exponent Multi-Fuel Stove    Coleman Exponent Feather 442 Dual Fuel Stove

My final idea is the MSR Whisperlite International Liquid-Fuel Stove, It is most expensive, and I just don't like the design as much, just my personal preference.

If anyone has some advice I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment